Our team of exceptional doctors can help relieve your back pain and improve your quality of life. With our multidisciplinary approach, you get best-in-class rehabilitation, individualized pain management, and outstanding spine surgery expertise. Don’t let your back pain stop you — talk to one of our back pain experts to see if you are a candidate for one of our innovative back treatment surgeries.
Our Leading Movement Disorder Doctors on Long Island
Brian J. Snyder, M.D., is the first doctor on Long Island to implant the revolutionary NeuroPace® RNS® System. The Food & Drug Administration approved the device for treatment to normalize brain activity and control seizures in patients with intractable epilepsy. Dr. Snyder specializes in the treatment of movement disorders.
Video with Brian J. Snyder, M.D., Discussing Treatment of Movement Disorders
Movement Disorder Conditions We Treat
At NSPC, our movement disorder specialists treat a range of disorders with the most current techniques available.
- Dystonia – uncontrolled movements and protracted muscle contractions, repeated movements and twists.
- Essential Tremor – the most common kind of movement disorder with tremors, generally in the face, neck, and head.
- Parkinson’s disease
Our advanced diagnostic tools and sophisticated surgical techniques along with our expert physicians help you get the most accurate diagnosis and best treatment options for your movement disorder.
Patient Testimonial for Life Changing Epilepsy Surgery
Hear what one of our epilepsy surgery patients says about NSPC.
Advanced Movement Disorder Treatments on Long Island, NY
Our neurosurgeons are top doctors in the New York area medical community, with appointments as chiefs of neurosurgery in some of the region’s best hospitals. Our neurosurgeons offer these and other revolutionary treatment options for movement disorders.
- Deep Brain Stimulation This neuromodulation treatment involves implanting a very small electrode that produces electrical pulses to restrict involuntary movements.
- Intrathecal Baclofen Pump This device manages the baclofen dosage with a programmed injection of medicine into the spinal fluid to limit a patient’s spasticity.
- Non-invasive Radiosurgery for Movement Disorders This non-invasive procedure is a procedure without incisions or blood loss that uses super-focused radiation to target the brain cells that cause the tremors.
If you haven’t found relief with other medical therapies, these or other innovative technologies can offer you safe alternatives with life-changing results. Talk with one of our specialists — and find out what our experts can do for you.
Convenient Locations in the Long Island, New York area
Leading-edge neurosurgeries have provided patients safer symptom relief for many neurological disorders such as epilepsy, dystonia, essential tremor, spasticity, and Parkinson’s disease. Our Long Island doctors give you world-class care with state-of-the-art neurosurgery, so you can benefit from the latest treatments for your movement disorder.