About Dr. Mangla
Sundeep Mangla M.D. is Board Certified in Radiology with CAQ in Neuroradiology. He specializes in the fields of Interventional Neuroradiology and Endovascular Neurosurgery, focusing on advancing diagnosis and treatment of complex cerebrovascular diseases.
Dr. Mangla served as an Assistant Professor in Interventional Neuroradiology at Columbia and Cornell University from 2000 to 2003, until he was recruited as the Director and Associate Professor of Interventional Neuroradiology and Neurosurgery at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn where he further developed his clinical expertise, research, and teaching experiences. Over the last 20 years, Dr. Mangla has performed several thousand neurovascular interventions throughout NYC and Long Island, having pioneered Stroke Intervention Programs in Brooklyn, The Bronx, and Long Island. Dr. Mangla has an extensive record of peer-reviewed publications, national and international presentations of original basic science and clinical research, clinical trial participation, and novel biomedical diagnostic and therapeutic tool development and testing for management of cerebrovascular disease patients.
He is actively developing new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies to care for patients experiencing ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, ophthalmologic and ENT emergencies, and continues to be a leader in his fields of expertise, including recognition by his peers as a Castle Connolly “Top Doctor: New York Metro Area” in 2019 and 2021.
Education & Training
Dr. Mangla completed an accelerated 6-year B.S./M.D. in 1992, and Diagnostic Radiology training at Northeast Ohio Universities College of Medicine in 1997. He went on to pursue fellowships in Diagnostic Neuroradiology at the University of Southern California, as well as Interventional Neuroradiology and Endovascular Neurosurgery at the Yale University School of Medicine and the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics from 1997 to 2000.
Dr. Mangla Treats
Conditions Treated by Dr. Mangla:
- Cerebral Aneurysms
- Cerebral Vascular Malformations
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Intracranial Atherosclerotic Disease
- Vasculitis, Autoimmune Vascular Disease
- Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Brain Hemorrhage
- Ophthalmologic Emergencies (CRAO and Vascular Malformations)
- ENT Emergencies (intractable nosebleeds, traumatic vascular injuries)
- Brain Tumors (Meningiomas and Gliomas)
- Spinal Vascular Malformations and Tumors (Primary and Metastatic)
Procedures Performed by Dr. Mangla:
- Endovascular Therapy of Cerebral and Spinal Aneurysms (Stents, Balloon, Coil Embolization)
- Endovascular Therapy of Brain and Head/Neck AVMs (Trans-arterial and Venous Approaches)
- Mechanical Thrombectomy for Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Extracranial and Intracranial Angioplasty and Stenting for Atherosclerotic Disease and Vasospasm
- Embolization of Neoplasms of the Brain, Head, Neck, and Spinal Axis
- Cerebral Venography and Stenting for Venous HT and Pseudotumor
NYU Winthrop Hospital259 First Street, Mineola, NY 11501
Mount Sinai South Nassau HospitalOne Healthy Way, Oceanside, NY 11572